There’s a hot new medium called the Internet

I just came across a thorough presentation compiled by Greg Stuart, former CEO and President of the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). It is called an “In-Depth Introduction to Internet Advertising” and is a whopping 82 slides. However, it contains many great sound-bites as well as stats that any interactive marketer should have in their arsenal.

Here are a few stats that I’ll share next time I talk to a ‘traditional media’ marketer:

64% of US households answered “Computer with Internet Access” to the question “If you had to live on a deserted island and could only take one thing with you.” 18% said books, 6% said TV, 6% said radio, 4% said cell phone and 1% said newspaper subscription.

General Motors, the 3rd largest US advertiser, is ready to shift half of its 3 billion budget into digital and one-to-one marketing within the next 3 years.

In a multi-advertiser cross media optimization study (measuring on-line and off-line effects) sales increased by 11% on average from customers who had been exposed to online advertising, compared to those who hadn’t.

It cost about 4 times as much to increase purchase intention via magazine advertising and 11 times as much via TV - compared to online advertising.

There’s a lot more to read, especially on ad formats, measurements, online challenges (oh yeah, it’s not all honky-dory). You can find the full presentation here.

- vidar

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1. Andrew Lippman says:

Thanks, Vidar.

I picked up the link you put on MENG. Great stuff.

Best Regards,

andrew

2. Jo Perez says:

q2lq4ne172iqdrdx

3. b2b says:

I came here in the course of my studies and just had to write to say I like what I found. I will be back. Thanks.

4. best psychic says:

Outstanding document and I like your mind-set towards enhancing standards. Thanks for putting this particular information up. This really is what I have been looking for. Keep blogging. Looking towards reading your future post.

5. Herman Erie says:

Having done a search for online psychics on Bing I came across your website, and am I happy I did. I am impressed with the level of info I have obtained here, and I am positive that this will be not just helpful to me but to others too. I have appended you to my list of preferred blogs and will be back on a regular basic

6. Krysten says:

Exceptional web internet site. Lots of useful information here. I am sending it to several buddies ans moreover sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you in your sweat!

7. meble says:

Your means of explaining everything in this article is truly nice, every one can simply know it, Thanks a lot.

8. Joao says:

Од 22 November, 2012 - 2:26 pmI truly enjoy looking thguroh on this web site , it has got great posts . “For Brutus is an honourable man So are they all, all honourable men.” by William Shakespeare.

9. Tasnia says:

Од 22 November, 2012 - 1:03 amI have been surfing on-line grtaeer than 3 hours lately, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is beautiful worth enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the net might be a lot more helpful than ever before.

10. http://px4outdoor.com/nonvehicleownerinsurance.html says:

That’s a brilliant answer to an interesting question

11. nba 2k16 mt ratings says:

Thanks intended for delivering these kinds of substantial posting.

12. cheap car insurance Hemet CA says:

SÃ¥ utrolig stilig! DIT VIL JEG!Har hørt om stedet flere ganger, men da kun om denne maten og ikke dette knalltøffe interiøret… Takk for alle de fine innleggene du har delt med oss fra turen! Er kjempe kjekt Ã¥ lese.. :)Ønsker deg en herlig tirsdag og selvsagt uke.. Klemmer fra meg

13. car insurance in Deridder LA says:

Harold, I dislike the term “TBM,” but let’s leave that aside. You just called the work of Eugene England, a faithful member of the Church all his life and one of the most beloved and respected Mormon writers that I know of (and who is deceased and therefore not available to defend himself) “a bit apostate.” All I can say is that you have a very questionable definition of “apostate.”